Saturday, November 17, 2007

None of these.

You Say,"An artisit can hang a painting,
A writer can only hang himself,
An astrnaut can shoot for the moon,
A moron can only shoot his mouth."
'But what do I have?' Say I
'I am none of these.'

"An artist has his paintings,
The writer has his noose,
The astronaut his Final frontier,
The moron his words."
'But I have none.'
"Then what do you have?"

'I have none of the poverty of art,
None of the pain of death.
None of the fear of the frontier,
None of the trials of words.
I then sir have a lot!"
No sir, what you have is a lot of None's."

1 comment:

Vivian said...

It kinda reminds me of a poem, "the scroobius pip". I can't remeber who it's by, but it's kinda like this. A little. It mentions all these animals that a "scroobius pip" is like, but in the end it says, "I'm none of these things, I'm just a scroobius pip."